There are lovely sandy beaches to both the north (as can be seen on one of our header photos) and south of Brora. The one to the north was again awarded a 'Seaside Award' by 'Keep Scotland Beautiful' on May 30th 2015. More details from here and here. All year round it is a great place for walking and bird watching. Summer is especially good for paddling, swimming and sand castle building.
The beach to the south of the village, especially near the mouth of the Sputie Burn, is good for seeing seals.
|Winter is even occasionally good for cross country skiing!|
- 2022-06-25 'We don't want this': Five Sutherland communities come together with simple message over Meall Buidhe Wind Farm
- 2022-06-24 PICTURES: Poignant service held today to mark centenary of Dornoch War Memorial
- 2022-06-24 Easter Ross business secures new cheese listing with Co-op
- 2022-06-24 Bid for hotel, shops and holiday accommodation in heart of Aviemore is refused
- 2022-06-24 Inspirational Sutherland para-athlete Hope Gordon 'wows' audience at regional Rotary conference