This website has been designed and managed by Brora Development Trust to provide information about the area, including accommodation, activities and local services.
Visitors to the area often use Brora as a base to explore this vast and stunning coastline, with an abundance of historic sites, unspoilt natural beauty, of course the wonderful beaches, a huge variety of wildlife such as grey seals, deer, dolphins and many outdoor activities such as fishing, walking, golf, cycling and much more.
Situated on the north east region of East Sutherland in the Scottish Highlands, Brora is an hour from Inverness Airport on the main route north (A9).
Brora is situated on the popular and famous 'North Coast 500' tourist route. It is also situated on the attractive 'John o'Groats Trail' coastal footpath.
- 2023-05-30 Pipes and drums spectacular for Inverness
- 2023-05-30 How many more people need to die? MP Drew Hendry says 'work needs to be progressed'
- 2023-05-30 How many more people need to die? Kate Forbes warns 'we cannot endure this any longer'
- 2023-05-30 How many more people need to die? Campaigner Laura Hansler says A9 deaths create 'generational trauma'
- 2023-05-30 'Lasting legacy for tourism in the Highlands': Fund that supported Strathnaver Museum redevelopment is celebrated at an event in Inverness today